A friend of mine is beginning a month long vigilance to “give thanks” each day.
We’re approaching Thanksgiving and this seems appropriate.
I thought it might be a good thing for me to do as well.
However, my list may not be as reverent as hers.
Here is my list of the 30 things I’m thankful for, for the whole month.
1. Toilet paper
2. A toilet for the toilet paper
3. Reading material for the royal room
4. Cats that don’t want attention while I’m reading in the royal room.
5. A clean litter box in the reading room, while I’m reading.
6. Any animal that lets me sleep more than 6 hours before they have to find their reading room.
7. Conversation that does not pertain to cats, dogs or the reading room.
8. Garbage that stays in the garbage can while I’m at water aerobics.
9. Water aerobics friends that keep my blog writing well stocked.
10. Friends and family that appreciate my sense of humor, and that list is getting shorter with each blog entry.
11. People who have read my humor book and laughed.
12. People who were brave enough to buy my humor book.
13. Being allowed to eat a dinner without dogs begging for it.
14. My porch rocker without a cat in it.
15. The outdoor fan beside my rocker.
16. The pillow in my office chair.
18. Clean clothes without cat hair.
19. The students in my creative writing class that must listen to me, because they paid for the class.
20. All the humor writers of today, yesterday and tomorrow that make me smile.
21. For my Crockpot.
22. For takeout.
23. For dining out.
24. For Domino’s Pizza ordering online, and then delivery.
25. For the UPS man, the FEDEX man and my Mail lady.
They entertain Duke and Kaiser and make me realize that there are other people beyond my door.
26. The opportunity to work in my pajamas, even until 3:00 in the afternoon.
27. Mountain Dew
28. Chicken salad
29. Thanksgiving dinner I don’t have to cook.
30. Zoomba vacuuming my floors without having to ask.
Perhaps you start your list. I’d love to hear all about it. Email me at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Wishing you a Thankful month.