Sometimes it’s fun to receive gag gifts, if they are intended to be so. We’ve all experienced the family member that
re-gifts or becomes confused with the intended recipient, but sometimes, the gift is just in bad form.
I submit the following list of “how not to give” Christmas gifts for future reference.
1. Never give a car water pump to your wife.
2. Never give diamond earrings smaller than what her parents gave her before you were married.
3. When the husband must return a gift, buy another gift in its place- don’t come back empty-handed.
4. If giving a watch for a gift, make sure the face has numbers on it.
5. Men should never guess if a new perfume would smell nice on the wife by wearing it.
6. Do not give a used gift card to someone. The person will know if there is only $3.02 on it.
7. Garage sale items are never appreciated.
8. Never pass on a “World’s Best Teacher” ornament to a
9. Never pass on an ornament with your child’s elementary school photo on it and the child is now over 30 years of age.
10. Never give a coupon food calendar that is two years old.
11. Never give a box of candy that expired last year.
12. If you must give beef sticks for Christmas, please include Tums and Gas-X.
We've all experienced bad gifts and I'd love to hear all about them. Email me at email@example.com
Have a great day.